Who doesn’t like fried rice?! If you don’t like fried rice, then we can’t be friends. 😂 But seriously, if it does apply, then let me help change your mind. I love it any which way, any veggies or proteins. I love it at any meal, specially breakfast with a gooey egg on top! Fried rice is my go to quick meal when I have left over rice and for when I need a lunch that is not a sandwich or salad. Here’s how I make it.
1. Chop veggies and garlic. I use onions and peppers. Sometimes I will add carrots, celery or cabbage. It all depends on what veggies I have.
2. Pick and chop your protein. Again it depends what I have in my refrigerator. I have used left over chicken, pork, shrimp, Chinese sausage or hot dogs.
3. Heat wok and oil.
4. Scramble an egg. Remove from wok and set aside.
5. Add the chopped veggies, garlic and protein to the wok. Season with salt and pepper and your favorite seasonings while sautéing. I have added chipotle, jerk, old bay, chili and adobe seasonings. All depends on my protein and what my mood that day is!
6. Once your veggies and protein have cooked add rice to the wok and combine. Add soy sauce and continue to stir. After a couple minutes, add the scramble egg back in and stir.
7. Remove from wok and serve!
What’s your favorite kind of fried rice? Do you have a special way of making fried rice – I’d love to hear your recipe and tips! Comment below!
Live to Eat,