Chocolate chip cookies🍪 are the go to favorite cookie for most people. I love them soft and chewy; maybe even a bit on the under cooked side. But on the other hand, some want them thin and crispy; cooked completely and then some. So I have been trying to perfect my recipe and see which way is my favorite. There are so many different recipes out there for this classic cookie but I shared my recipe below as well as my tips for making the cookie to your preference! It’s still in the trial process; I mean I no pastry chef here. 😆
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- chocolate chips
(who actually measures this LOL)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, mix butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Do not over beat the egg.
- Add dry ingredients in two installments and mix until dough begins to form.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form dough into balls and evenly space out on lined baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for about 9-12 minutes.
Soft and Chewy Cookies
- Make sure you measure flour as exact as possible. If you have a it more than 1 1/2 cup the cookie becomes a bit thicker & fluffier.
- Soften the butter at room temperature (I let it sit at least 12 hrs.)
- Finish cooking by 9 minutes.
- I remove from the pan to cooling rack right away.
Thin and Crispy Cookies
- Make sure you measure flour as exact as possible or even less than 1 1/2 cup for a thinner and crispier cookie.
- Soften butter, but melt about 20-30 seconds before mixing. I then cream the butter in the mixer before combining with sugar.
- Flatten each cookie ball on baking sheet for thinner results
- Cook closer to 11-12 minutes; until golden brown.
- Let cookies sit on the pan about 5-8 minutes before moving to the cooling rack.
I have mixed it up and use different flavors of chocolate chips. My favorite to use is espresso chips. Have you tried any other chip flavors? I’d love to hear feedback, a different recipe or your tips as well!
Live to Eat,
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Cookies”
I like them anyway as long as you make them for me lol
LikeLiked by 1 person
😂😂 I’ll have to bring you some if we have any left.