Andy is not a big vegetable person, but I love all the veggies! So when I make a vegetable and he likes it/asks me to make it, I end up making it weekly if not daily! Zucchini has always been one for my favorite vegetables but it has now become one of Andy’s favorite as well! This quick and super easy recipe has become our go to way to make zucchini!
- Zucchini, chopped
- Onion, chopped
- Garlic, minced
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Chop and mince zucchini, onion, garlic and tomatoes
- Heat a pan over medium heat with oil
- Add zucchini, onion, garlic and tomatoes to the pan
- Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Sauté for about 5-8 minutes; depending on how much you have chopped. We like to keep a nice crunch on the zucchini so we avoid cooking it too long that it gets soft.
- In the last minute, top with grated parmesan cheese & serve!
I try to balance all the ingredients, but you can customize it how you like! Go heavy on the zucchini and light on the tomatoes or vice versa; whatever strikes your fancy! I typically chop the zucchini first, to see how much of the onion and tomatoes I want to chop. If you do not have fresh garlic, use a bit of garlic powder. I have also used jarred minced garlic if I have that on hand. I use cherry or Roma tomatoes; whatever tomatoes you have will work! Grated parmesan gives some added taste and gooeyness! If you have a block of parmesan cheese, use some freshly grated cheese!
Live to Eat,