I love peach🍑 season. Sometimes you just need something sweet and refreshing during peach season. Mom and decided to make upside down peach muffins and they were delicious. I also got experience when mom divides a receipt into two parts to make a healthier sugar free version for dad. I cannot say that this will be a reoccurring thing for me …sorry dad, I love you. But I love sugar and quick and easy recipes too LOL.
Here is what you need: 1 fresh peach (sliced), 1 tbsp. butter (melted), 6 tbsp. brown sugar all for the “topping”. The batter you need: 3 peaches (chopped), 1 ½ cups flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. baking soda, ¼ tsp. salt, 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup butter, 1 egg, 1 tsp. vanilla and ½ cup butter milk.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray muffin pans.
- Take the peach slices and arrange them at the bottom of the each muffin pan. Then add some brown sugar to each one.
- Remaining peaches, cube into chunks and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, then set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together sugar and butter until fluffy and creamy. Add the egg and butter until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well. Once combined then add buttermilk and mix well. But do not over mix because you do not want the cakes to be tough
- Fold in cubed peaches.
- Scoop into the muffin pans and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- When ready, remove pans from oven and cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Then tip pans upside down for the peaches to be on the top and let cool complete out of the pan. Then it’s time to enjoy!
Overall they were delicious. We kept them in the fridge, but be care some of ours ended up moldy. But they go well with vanilla ice cream LOL. As I said, it was interesting to divide the recipe into two parts. I give mom props for doing that when she bakes so I can have some and dad can have his sugar free. Can’t say I will do that every time LOL.
Do you have a favorite peach recipe?
Live to Eat,